Last week I came across the Substack post, “A project will save you” by Rosie Spinks, and it made me think of how a literary project like writing a book or writing an album can help us find a sense of purpose and direction amidst the chaos of life.
- What literary project(s) are you currently working on?
- What progress have you made? What have you accomplished so far?
- What do you want to accomplish this summer? What do you want to achieve?
- What needs to happen for you to look back on the time spent and consider your project a success?
Thank you for a wonderful first gathering, and I look forward to continuing our literary dialogue and encouragement!
2 Likes
This summer I plan to complete three literary projects:
- translate my speculative poetry collection into French
- prepare a chapbook for publication in early 2027 (I’m still working out the details)
- start a new weekly podcast
I started French translation process, but I have a long way to go! It will also require a lot of intense study of advanced French, and I want to also read more work by contemporary French writers and thinkers.
I have a few chapbook-length collections that I’ll revisit and revise, and I will also need to work on the cover design, interior design, and other aspects of production.
I have some ideas for the weekly podcast, but I have to plan out the first few episodes and see how it goes.
Looking forward to hearing about everyone’s literary projects!
--Abena
1 Like
Thank you for this space. I am currently working on being comfortable with my voice being heard out in the public. My poetry collection was written during tough transitions in my life and it was only in sharing with a group did I discover I could write poetry. This is a collection of raw emotion that I never intended for anyone but myself to read.
1 Like
What platform will your podcast be on? I’d like to tune in!
@ShariekaButterFly I can relate. It took me a long time to share anything I wrote, and it was only after realizing how much other people’s work inspires me or helps me. I still do a lot of writing that’s meant only for me. Your voice and presence are powerful and inspiring, and I look forward to reading any poems you want to share!
I’d like to have it available on all platforms (Spotify, Apple Podcasts, YouTube, etc.). Will definitely let you know when I release the first episode. Thanks for the support!